HUNTING IS PART OF UTAH’s CULTURE
- Over 193,000 people hunt in Utah each year.
- 2.7 million days are spent hunting in Utah.
HUNTING SUPPORTS UTAH’S ECONOMY
- Hunters support over 12,700 jobs in Utah.
- Hunting generates nearly $310 million in salaries and wages.
- Hunters in Utah spend $550 million annually.
- The average Utah hunter spends $2,600 each year.
HUNTING IS A KEY SOURCE OF TAX REVENUE
- Hunters generate over $62.5 million in state and local taxes.
- Utah hunters pay more than $70 million in federal taxes.
UTAH HUNTING: THE BOTTOM LINE
- The total ripple effect from hunting in Utah is $925 million.
- 2011 National Survey of Fishing, Hunting, and Wildlife-Associated Recreation (U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service)
- America’s Hunting Heritage: Fueling the American Economy (The Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation)
- Hunting in America: An Economic Force for Conservation (Southwick Associates. Produced for the National Shooting Sports Foundation in partnership with the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies)